Open kitchen is mostly preferred while building modern apartments or while renovating old homes. The beneficial features have lured many home builders, who suggest this kind of kitchen for their clients. Even well acclaimed builder Rocco Basile advise to have this type of kitchen which gives a modern and contemporary look.
Salient features of open patterned cooking space:
- The kitchen looks spacious. In urban regions, there is limited space in upcoming new apartments, thus this idea of kitchen helps in creating spacious looking kitchen.
- You don’t have to cook in scheduled space. While cooking you can interact with your guests and family members.
- You gain light for kitchen from the illumination elements present in other rooms. This helps in cost effective energy efficiency.
However, to remodel a well appealing and functioning kitchen you need to plan a lot. You need to be prepared for the changes involved and the cost limit of the renovation work.
Know the aspect you need to consider while opting for open cook place:
- The walls need to be removed. Consider which side of the wall you prefer to break. Best way is to open the kitchen wall facing the dining room or living room. If you often host large gathering of friends and family for dinner, it is best to have opening towards the hall.
- While demolishing you need to get advice from your earlier constructor under whose guidance the apartment has been built. The ceiling of the roof and floor base needs to be filled up. Expert builders advise to remove the whole roof texture and redo it as there is sure to be a mark of filling where the wall has been knocked down.
- You need to consider the beam while removing the walls. If the beam is thicker it can affect the headroom too.
- Another task is the light fixtures in the cooking space. It will be helpful to remove the inner wirings and disconnect all the appliances with the aid of well trained technicians.
- Your kitchen cabinets need to be relocated. Thus, preplan where you want to shift the shelves before knocking the whole wall.
While planning to build open kitchen visit the commercial place of best builders in New York City like Rocco Basile. There employed architects will present you with a lot of well-designed open kitchen models helping you to decide, which one is applicable to be constructed in your home.
Here are few popular ones:
- Open corner kitchen: This one is best in compact homes. It is mostly preferred by small family living in flats.
- Kitchen having larger counters: This open cooking place is quite suitable to be built in big homes like bungalow and farm cottages. Most of these kitchens are part of the living room.
- Contemporary open kitchen: This is preferred by bachelors as in less space the kitchen counter is suitably located under angled roof reflecting a modern look.
If you are inspired by any open kitchen ideas referred in interior décor magazines and in online links, ask your renovator to design and construct such exclusive open concept kitchen.